Ansonia National Guard Armory
The Armory is situated on the former Bliss property, and faces State Street. Plans for the three story high building were designed by Major Morris B. Payne. The barracks is situated on the basement floor. The officers quarters are located on the second floor, with a 75 X 150 foot drill hall and a rifle range. Max Durrschmidt, a local contractor, was awarded the contract for the building. The building cost $150,000, and was erected of stone and brick. Construction began in the fall of 1919 and was completed in time to open with a military ball which commemorated Armistice Day in November of 1921.
Go straight through the traffic light and at the next traffic light continue straight ahead on Main Street.